The Youth Guarantee Fund is a Tertiary Education Commission initiative for 16-19 year olds that can allow you to study for free on selected programmes.
Eligibility criteria for Youth Guarantee
- Students must be 16–19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee Programme (or 15 years old and hold an early leaving exemption from school)
- Students must be New Zealand citizens or have permanent residency in New Zealand
- Be studying at least 50% of a full-time, full-year enrolment, at least one qualification of 60 credits over the calendar year
- Have left school and do not hold a Level 3 NCEA qualification or higher
- Have not already used two years of Youth Guarantee funding
Learn more about the Youth Guarantee initiative.